Monday morning I went out to the shop and cut a 45° chamfer around the top edge of the butcher block. I’ve never liked big hard square corners, but a round-over didn’t fit in this piece either. Since the drawer fronts and door panels use a straight bevel décor, the chamfer “fits in” better.
Afterward I was starting to work some more on re-stacking lumber but threatening clouds moved in. I decided to stop that project and put things back together before I got caught by rain with all that lumber laying out in the open.
I went inside to work on web sites and wait for the UPS truck – hoping that those router bits would show up.
They didn’t. Sigh. But I did hear from Jim with is stain selection that evening.