Wednesday, March 2

Tray Tables - Assembling the bases

Today I completed the sanding and assembly of all the bases for both sets of tables.  After the sanding was all done, I attached the spreaders to the legs this extra long screws.  The long screw are because the srew are going into end grain on the spreaders and end grain tends to tear out more easily. To fight this tenancy I use deeply fluted wood screws that are extra long to reach deep into the wood and hold fast.

By day’s end all the bases are done and I’m ready to star making the trays.  We’ll get to that next time.

Well, I have pictures for you, but Blogger/Picasa is again telling me they can not upload the photos.  I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.