Thursday, March 3

Tray Tables - Ribbons & Rails: blanks

This afternoon I spent my woodworking time selecting wood for the ribbon panels and the side rails for Shelly's walnut tables and Jeffrey's maple tables.  Because these parts will be the most highly visible parts I want to be sure they are especially visually pleasing, and because all the parts are thin, I want the best, long, straight-grained wood I have on hand. 

Laying out my cuts I cut the blanks from the long boards and stack them on my bench near the jointer.  I'll finish this step by jointing one wide face and one edge, then surface planing the opposite face.  Next time I'll begin cutting ribbon strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.