Friday, February 3

Day 08 of Mission Rocking Chair Work day begins: 7:00 AM We won’t need a lot of heat this morning, it’s 53 degrees outside this morning – but the weather report is for a possibility of show showers, so I want to get this done early. The first coat of lacquer is on and I’m waiting for it to dry so I can scuff sand it. I sent the girls away this morning because lacquer fumes are deadly and they refuse to wear respirators. I have scuffed and re-coated the chair. Time to Abandon Shop and give the lacquer a chance to harden up good before we handle it. So it’s time to break for lunch. Workshop closes: 3:45 PM I spent part of the afternoon pulling red oak, poplar and walnut off the lumber piles for the next few projects. After closing up the shop I’ll go on with updates needed by several web site clients. To view the detailed construction article on this piece, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.