Monday, February 27

CD_Chest_6 Day 07

Work day begins: 7:15 AM I found another bid request this morning, but this on is a simple request: a TV Tray Table, so I was able to whip that out with no trouble while the workshop was warming up. Lunch Time This morning I’ve gotten the base shoe molding shaped, mitered and installed, and got the top plate trimmed to size, routed and sanded. I had to take a little time before leaving for lunch to fix the propane furnace that keeps the shop from freezing up overnight. I found it shut down when I went in this morning, although there was still propane in the tank. So I took it apart, blew the dust out and checked it over. The problem turned out to be a thermocouple line. It’s working again. Fortunately it didn’t get cold enough this weekend to ruin the finishes and glues. That would have been bad. Workshop closes: 4:00 PM This afternoon I made and attached the mounting blocks that hold the case top to the case, then mounted the top plate and sanded it for finishing. The case is now complete. Tomorrow we start on drawers. This evening after I work up the pictorial article for today’s work, I have some web site stuff to do and some computer-network maintenance to perform. To view the detailed construction article on this piece, click the title above. If you enjoy this Daily Shop Notes blog, you will also want to look at our Doug Bob blog, which is available from my Profile page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.