Wednesday, December 14
This is the "part" I've been waiting for so I could fix the surface planer.
I look like something out of Star Wars, don't I?
I check the included notes to see how many board feet of lumber I'll need to pull.
The first couple of layers I pulled were pretty wormy and split, and I was worried for a bit, but then I remembered that this was the first time I've gotten into this pile. When I stack a new shipment of lumber I always toss aside the really rough stuff so it doesn't get counted in the bill I pay to Tommy. But he has no use for the scrap, so I put that on top pf the pile as added weight to help keep the lumber straight and flat as it dries. I also add concrete blocks. Now that it's three years dry I won't need that added weight, so I can cut up the scrappy stuff for firewood.
It's a very nice day today, but it may well rain the rest of the week. Having all the lumber I'll need in here will make things more pleasant.
The ash is the white stuff in front, the walnut is for our entertainment center that I've been working on in my "spare" time for the past 3 years. Sigh. One day I'll have all this floor space clear again.
I'll continue finishing stopper racks for the rest of the day and get started on the cradle tomorrow morning.
Thanks for watching!