Thursday, October 6

Thursday, October 6th

My woodworking time today was spent pegging the 3-tier bottle stopper rack bodies that I've built.

First I lay on a strip of masking tape.  This gives me something to write on to lay out the hole locations, protects the wood from glue and offers a teeny bit of "stump" on the pegs when I use a flush-cut saw to cut the dowel off so I can sand them flush with the rack body.
I bore the holes with a drill press, drilling through the side piece and into the base plate so the pegs will serve as a fastener as well as decoration.

These pegs are maple to match the shelves.  Pegs I install through the maple shelves will be walnut to match the rack body.

Now we're ready to install shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.