Wednesday, April 19

Eng Gdn Bench Day 12

Work day begins: 5:30 AM My ‘pre-dawn’ session is being spent catching up on my technical journal reading and pondering the Treasures web site debacle. So much work, just gone in an instant; do I really want to put all that work back into it? Maybe not. Some portions of the data are more important to the continued success of the gallery, those need to be replaced as quickly as possible, but many of the products that were listed didn’t seem to garner much traffic. I’ll use the sites’ traffic logs to decide which were the most important. Lunch Time I cut the mortises in the front rail for the tenons on the seat support, then changed over to the ½” chisel and designed a jig to hold the lower back rails to cut the mortises at a 12½ degree angle. I found a couple of telephone messages from customers saying that they tried to e-mail us and the messages were returned as undeliverable. So I cut my lunch break short and took some time to look into that. Workshop closes: 3:30 PM Joy O'Hare called: she’s having trouble with her computer and needs some help. Sigh… MORE computer troubles. I also have to take the truck and go pick up Marie after she turns in her rental car, then we have to make a trip to Morristown. So it’s time to get cleaned up and changed. But I did get most of the ½” mortises cut in the back rails. Billable Man Hours: 3.25 Billable Materials: none To view the detailed construction article on this piece, click this entry’s title above. If you enjoy this Daily Shop Notes blog, you will also want to look at our Doug Bob blog, .which is available from my profile page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.