Monday, April 17

Eng Gdn Bench Day 11

Work day begins: 5:30 AM Over the Easter weekend, I managed to destroy the database that drives the Treasures Of Appalachia on-line store, and have been attempting to recover that data ever since. The early morning was spent discussing the problem with tech support at my hosting service. Without going into detail, the news is not good. I’ll have to rebuild the database that took me 4 months to build the first time. Once I see Marie off, I eagerly head for the workshop – where there are NO computers. Lunch Time I spent the morning roughing out parts for the 4 center seat support rails and the seat slats, fussy fitting the end assemblies and doing some sanding. Just as I was heading back to work the phone rang: is was Phyllis in California.  She’d seen that we had a 12 drawer CD End Table available for immediate shipment, and wanted some details… since the web page that was supposed to give her that information was “having some issues”.  (A result of the blown-up database.) So I e-mailed her the pictures and information she needed. Workshop closes: PM This afternoon I rough cut the 4 seat support blanks I made up this morning, and trimmed and planed the 10 seat slats. This evening I’ll write up today’s article and post these notes, then try to figure out if it’s going to be worthwhile rebuilding the Treasures product line database. Billable Man Hours: 6.5 Billable Materials: 32 bf 4/4 white oak. To view the detailed construction article on this piece, click this entry’s title above. If you enjoy this Daily Shop Notes blog, you will also want to look at our Doug Bob blog, .which is available from my profile page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.