Thursday, April 6

Eng Gdn Bench Day 08

Work day begins: 7:00 AM It’s quite chilly this morning, so I’ve gone out to build a fire and warm things up a bit. While I’m waiting, I’ll take care of some bills and banking that need doing. Lunch Time This morning I got all 12 of the laminated parts belt sanded to finished shape and then sanded again with a random orbit sander to take out the cross-grain scratches. Workshop closes: 5:30 PM I spent the afternoon laying out mortise locations and cutting the tricky tenons on the back side of the arms. There was also a small glitch in the design – an angle that wasn’t going to work out right where the back of the arms meet the back support. I had to redesign the pattern and modify the parts. Luckily I caught it before the tenons were cut on these parts. This evening I’ll work on several bids that are waiting to be done and posting these notes and the construction article. Billable Man Hours: 6.75 Billable Materials: none To view the detailed construction article on this piece, click this entry’s title above. If you enjoy this Daily Shop Notes blog, you will also want to look at our Doug Bob blog, .which is available from my profile page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.