Monday, April 17

Eng Gdn Bench Day 10b

Work day begins: 5:30 AM So what’s up with the Day 10b, isn’t this day 11? Yes, technically it is. But yesterday half the day got blown away by weirdness so I only got half a day’s work done. Today the insurance man is coming by to impress upon me the importance of having health insurance. That will, in all likely hood take some time. So, I’ll count this as the second half of yesterday as far as the production schedule is concerned. Lunch Time I got the remaining mortises cut, the tenons trimmed and pieces test fitted for one whole end frame. It looks good and fits well. I was afraid that there was going to be a problem (again) with the angle on the back of the arm piece, but once I got all the parts assembled and drawn together, everything fit quite nicely. I guess ‘ol Norm knows what he’s doing after all. ;-) (The plan we’re using as a starting point for these benches is from Norm Abrams and the New Yankee Workshop.) Workshop closes: 5:30 PM The insurance man didn’t take up too much time, but Mom e-mailed to say that her drain is stopped up and they don’t have a plunger, could I help? So I walked down the hill to help out. I got another end frame trimmed and fitted. And a third underway. Billable Man Hours: 4.25 Billable Materials: none To view the detailed construction article on this piece, click this entry’s title above. If you enjoy this Daily Shop Notes blog, you will also want to look at our Doug Bob blog, .which is available from my profile page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.