Wednesday, December 29

TV Tables - Packaging

The polyurethane skim coat has set up nice and hard, so I crawl up in the loft
of the lumber shed and pull down a TV Table box and a half sheet of Styrofoam.
 
I fold the box out and tape up the bottom.

From Styrofoam scraps I cut the pads needed to keep the two tray tables
from clacking together while in transit and place them on the first table.
 
Then lay the second table in place and use stretch wrap
to strap them securely together.

I add padding to the arms of the stand, place the table pack
on the stand and strap them securely together.
 
I cut the Styrofoam panels for the bottom of the box and both ends. 
Because there is no second set of tables on the back side of the stand,
I use a large block of packing foam to hold the packaged tables up in
position when laid in the box.
  
I add shredded paper packed in along the sides and the other sheet of Styrofoam on top and seal the carton up.

Then it’s off to the office where I use the computer to process the shipment
 on-line, print the shipping label and schedule a pick-up for tomorrow.

This one is done and ready to roll.

I also packaged and shipped and order from On-Hand stock for Robert. 

To build Shelly’s tables I will need to pull more walnut, bring it in and let it acclimate to the warmer, drier atmosphere inside the shop.  While it is doing that I will go ahead and finish up David’s trunk.  It’s almost done, but I’ll start a new post to get into that.

Thanks for following along!  Feel free to leave a comment below!

Production List:

2 Walnut Tray Tables with Stand for Jacklyn & Mark - In Transit
Maple Wall Hung Stopper Rack for Robert - In Transit
Walnut Steamer Trunk for David B. – In Progress
Kitchen organizer - Marie B.
Utility Trailer Make-Over for David B. - In Progress but Stalled
4 Tray Tables, All Walnut (custom size) with stand for Shelly
3-Tier Bottle Stopper Rack, all red Oak for Donna
4-Tier Bottle Stopper Rack Cherry & Maple for David K.
3-Tier Bottle Stopper Rack (Standard) for Dan G.
Computer Desk for Laptop for Marie B.
Printer Cabinet for Marie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.