Tuesday, December 21

Bizzareness Abounds

What a bizarre day this was!

To start with I don’t feel well, but you don’t want to hear about that.

I got in at 7:00 this morning to get an early start on the day. I was greeted by an incredible amount of business e-mail  that needed tending to before I got started.

When I finally got going on the woodworking I made that last couple of parts and began shaping and sanding pieces for the stand. The handle and feet require quite a bit of shaping. Then the feet and uprights are joined together by drilling matched pairs of holes for dowel pins.

The handle gets two rounds on the router table as I work up to the generous radius used to make this part comfortable in your hand. Then lots and lots of hand sanding as I smooth out all the curves and blend flat faces and curved edges into one another.

I sand the parts all the way up to 180 grit before assembling the stand.

I have mentioned having had trouble with FedEx. That situation came to a head today. I’ll spare you the details, but I think the situation has been resolved. It wasn’t pretty! Assurances were given, but we’ll see when I need to ship these tables out.

I also needed to scramble about to make arrangements to get Suzanne’s bottle stopper rack where it needs to go by Christmas because FedEx never picked it up.

By the time the day was done I had the stand completed and the clamps stripped off of the table trays. I’ll get those routed and sanded tomorrow morning and get to work building the bases.

Production List:

4-Tier Bottle Stopper Rack - Standard - In Transit (FINALLY!)
2 Walnut Tray Tables with Stand for Jacklyn & Mark - In Progress
Kitchen organizer - Marie B.
Utility Trailer Make-Over for David B. - In Progress but Stalled
4 Tray Tables, All Walnut (custom size) with stand for Shelly
Walnut Steamer Trunk for David B.
3-Tier Bottle Stopper Rack, all red Oak for Donna
4-Tier Bottle Stopper Rack Cherry & Maple for David K.
3-Tier Bottle Stopper Rack (Standard) for Dan G.
Computer Desk for Laptop for Marie B.
Printer Cabinet for Marie B.

REMINDER: As of December 31st, 2010 Smoky Mountain Woodworks will discontinue accepting custom woodworking orders. Orders received by that date will be completed, but new custom orders will not be accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.