Friday, August 24

Friday – Finished Finishing

This morning I completed applying polyurethane to Bryans’ stained cherry tea chest and installed the drawer pulls. This one is now ready to package up and ship out.

The rest of the day will be spent cleaning up the shop, hauling out scrap lumber from this project, doing some cleaning out in the lumber shed and working up a plan for Dan’s treasure chest -- once it gets too hot to work outside. We are heading for yet another record breaking high temperature today, so having an excuse to spend the afternoon hanging out in the AC will be good.

Dan sent me a drawing in PDF form that he got from the fellow who used to make these chests, but the file was corrupted an all I got was one corner. So, I’ll start from scratch and do my own design based on the photos Dan provided.

Hope you have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.