Thursday, March 30

Eng Gdn Bench Day 05

NOTE: Blogger wouldn't let me in to post this last night, so it's a day late. Work day begins: 6:30 AM I’ve got someone coming to look at and possibly buy our old Blazer today, so I’m going out early to fetch some gasoline, charge the battery and make sure it starts up. Now we’re going to continue making back legs for these Garden Benches. Lunch Time I got one leg blank cut, drilled, glued together and clamped. Then had to go chasing after Zadie, who climbed over a fence and took off. Workshop closes: 3:30 PM This afternoon I got the last back leg blank built. Just in time too – I’m out of the special screws, and the waterproof glue that I’m using on these. Both are on order, just haven’t arrived yet. I’ve also been tinkering with the Blazer – it doesn’t want to start. No need to go into all that here. But that fellow didn’t show up either. This evening I’ll be working on the web site; sweeping out the dust bunnies and getting things set up to install the new shopping cart system. Man Hours Billed: 2 Materials Billed: 8 bf white oak, 22 #8x1.75” assembly screws. To view the detailed construction article on this piece, click this entry’s title above. If you enjoy this Daily Shop Notes blog, you will also want to look at our Doug Bob blog, .which is available from my profile page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.