Wednesday, November 11

Gluing Frame

Today I continued working on the steamer trunks by taking the lid frame that I fitted yesterday apart again, applying glue and clamping. I used a tape measure to measure across the diagonals -- if both diagonals measure the same length then the lid is square. If it's not (and it wasn't) I skew the clamps just a little to pull the lid so the long diagonal gets shorter. Measure again, adjust some more if needed until it's right. On a 40" diaganoal like this, if I can get them to measure within 1/16" of being equal I call it good enough and quit.
That took about 30 minutes, the rest of the day was spent solving problems not related to this project in any way.
For information about these trunks, CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments are welcome. All comments are reviewed before being posted. Spam messages (anything not a direct discussion of this message) and all profanity will be deleted. Don't waste your time or mine by posting trash here.